Monday, March 8, 2010

Snakes and Wreaths

Sooooo....we are all sitting in my mom and dads garage on a beautiful morning yesterday, cool and sunny. My usual antsy self took over, so I got up and went to look out the back door. Oh my god! There was a 5 ft indigo snake with his head up, laying there in the sun!!! Of course I freaked out and started panicking....ran to get my sons for help.  One of them went around the house and the other one crowded next to me.  Then it moved!! eeeeeeeewwwwww went into the weeds and rattled! OMG! Then is raced off...like my heart needed that kind of jolt first thing in the morning. lol

indigo_11 Pictures, Images and Photos

One good thing did come out of it tho....I discovered a bunch of very cool stuff in the woods behind the house and I made a nature wreath out of it.  We also found some cactus growing back there, dug them up and put them in pots. lol 

Photobucket

8 comments:

Liz Mays said...

I'm glad you got the cactus, but that snake! Egads!!!!!

Monkey Mae said...

That's one thing I don't love about Florida...snakes. I've had two get in the house. Not fun.

June said...

I don't like snakes and would have freaked out too!!

Love the wreath!

OmaLindasOldeBaggsandStuftShirts said...

It makes me all oooogie and ewwww just thinking about a snake surprise. I have never been afraid of snakes but that was a big sucker.
Cool cactus. Something good from something....well alarming. (((hugs))) until next time

vert word....thhell
thhell you say, there's a what, where?

Mother Moon said...

The one thing about the warmer tempertures which I am not to crazy about.... I know that many of them are quite helpful yet I just cant seem to get myself to enjoy them....

Monkey Mae said...

We're back with a treat for you:

http://monkeymaesays.blogspot.com/2010/03/im-really-slow.html

Joey Lynn Resciniti said...

That's a huge snake. I wouldn't be able to handle that!

Matty said...

Not exactly what you see in Minnesota, eh?