Monday, November 9, 2009

Puppies Puppies and More Puppies

Well here I am a 2:30 a.m. writing my blog....I'm delirious from no sleep and delirious with pride and joy. Ayla had her puppies Saturday evening~9 of them!! I've never experienced anything like this before and i will cherish that night for the rest of my life in being able to be there with her.  It was unbelievably awesome!!

I was home all alone and did it all by myself.  My oldest was at his going away party, the middle one was out to dinner with his gf, the youngest was at work, hubby is in another state for his job. So it was just me and Ayla. 

She did so great and by some instinct I was able to save 2 of the puppies lives (they were asperating)  and 2 others were breech so I had to go in and turn them and pull them out. She never cried or whined and had each one of them sitting or standing next to me in the whelping area.  She insisted on touching me with her paw for each birth.  It was absolutely amazing. :) My sister stayed on the phone with me for hours giving me support and crying with me, I don't know what I would have done without her.

So here I am at 2:30 in the morning...no sleep really since Friday night.  The puppies cry trying to get the next available feeding station and I'm worrying constantly one isn't getting enough or she will accidently lay on one. So I keep running in there moving puppies around and checking.

Here is a picture of all our newest additions to the family...can you tell I'm proud?? LOL





Like Travis Tritt says.....It's a great day to be alive, the sun's still shining when I close my eyes. Well okay, the sun would be shining if I could close my eyes. LOL  I feel like I did when I was up all night when my kids were newborns. LOL  Like a Zombie!

4 comments:

Sheila Rae said...

Awesome

What kind of dogs?

So cute. I was with my Abby when she had her litter and it was amazing to watch.

Mrs. M said...

Aw, they are so cute!

Mrs. G.I. Joe said...

Oh my gosh those are sooooooooo cute! "Fresh" puppies and kittens are just priceless :) Enjoy the babies!

Katie said...

such beautiful pups. i just love labs!