Thursday, October 22, 2009

Love...pass it on

I got up this morning, dragged myself to the kitchen , turned on the coffee pot, let ayla out to potty and turned on fox news. blah blah blah same ol morning routine LOL....Sat down at my laptop, coffee to my left and started reading email listening to all the horrors, tragedies and latest economic downfall on the news. 

I got to thinking what is the point, the world is falling flat on it's face and so many people are suffering.  Mankind is going right down the tubes with all the foreclosures, lost businesses, wars and lack of love and respect for one another.  I literally sighed out loud and sat back in my chair....

When suddenly a commercial came on tv called "Love...Pass It On" and it stopped me literally.  A big sweaty angry hockey player came off the ice and got on the phone with his daughter and started singing eensy weensy spider to her in front of all his hockey buddies. It was so cute and heartwarming. 10 mins later another commercial came on from the same people about a high school homecoming and they had elected a beautiful girl with Down's Syndrome as their homecoming queen. She was brimming with happiness and every one was truly happy and clapping for her. Tears welled up in my eyes and I broke out in goosebumps....

These commercials completely changed my entire doom and gloom outlook this morning.  There is hope afterall for mankind...okay I know they were just commercials, but they really made an impact and I'm ready to face another day head on.

Love....pass it on today :)


5 comments:

Anne - Mommy Has to Work said...

Thnak you. We do need to pass more love on I like the homecoming queen story :)

following and visiting from MBC

mommyhastowork.blogspot.com

shelley said...

good morning tamara,

so nice to meet you! thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving your warm comment! thought it funny that you post about "spreading the love" and that's where i thought i'd comment! :) i'm following you here and on the tweetster! yay...

cyberbullying is a serious thing, and a LOT of parents don't have a clue of what it is, they know about drinking and driving, and sex, but bullying in cyberspace, they'd say "what?" so i'm happy to have you repost my blog if you would like, just let me know. it is my hope that maybe we can turn at least one parents head and help a child stay safe!

have a great day!
shelley
http://iamstillstandingafterallthistime.blogspot.com
http://theplaygroundprincess.blogspot.com

Peggy said...

We need more good news and showing true love and friendship. All we seem to get is sadness and horrible news. I am going to look for these comericals
matternu@aol.com

Unknown said...

I often feel like "what's the point" myself. Commercials like those and random acts of kindness give me hope and make me feel like life is not pointless. Nice post.

FranticMommy said...

This is great! I don't watch much TV because of all the doom and gloom. I can't wait to see those commericals!