Wednesday, October 14, 2009

Flying Turkeys!!

Good Morning!
I had to go out early and take my son to work.  Another cold damp morning but at least the snow we got has melted. Yay!!! I had Ayla with me (my lab) and when we pulled in the driveway she started going nuts! I looked toward the back and there had to have been 30 wild turkeys in my backyard right by the deck.  She lept out of the car and ran for them.  Have you ever seen turkeys fly?! Scared the crap out of me lol  They all took flight (looked like 30 bowling balls flying in the air) and landed in the trees above me.  It's was the craziest site!! Gooble Gooble Gooble lol

We've had fires in the fireplace for 4 days now and it's just not doin it anymore...i broke down and turned on the heat this morning...arrrghhhh $600 a month bills here we come!

Wild turkeys Pictures, Images and Photos

7 comments:

audreyscountrycrafts said...

$600 a month to heat your house?!! How big is your house? We have a 1600 sq.ft home, 1 1/2 story, built in the 50's. I live in Canada where -40 is something we see quite often in the winter. Our bills aren't much over $300/month. Might want to keep that fire place going too! do love a fireplace though, wish we had one.

Maybe you should get some of those turkeys ready for Thanksgiving! LOL

Katie said...

Following from MBC :)
Love the turkey pic!

Anonymous said...

We will start having fires next week and this is supposed to be the South of France. Thanks for the banana bread recipe - I think I will make some tomorrow to avoid doing stuff I should be doing. Beware of the turkeys. I will keep following you.

JaelCustomDesigns said...

Popping in from MBC! ( Follow Me Club)
Now following you...

I'm over at http://www.jaelcustomdesigns.com
BTW: I'm so going to try your banana bread recipe! Yum...

Dana said...

OMGosh! That's too funny! I simply cannot imagine having 30 wild turkeys in your backyard - and then having them fly all over the place that way! What an image I have in my head! But hey, good for Thanksgiving, huh? ;) Dana

tina reynolds said...

im following you. I know what you mean about high heating bills. It makes me want to move sometimes!

FranticMommy said...

I love wild turkeys. I know that sounds goofy, but I used to raise them as a child and they were a blast. they have great
personalities and were pretty comical. You're right too. They DO look like bowling balls when they fly!